INTRODUCTION TO QA/ QC (Civil Engg) Course
- What is a construction project? – time (master schedule) – cost (huge budget) – quality (drawings & technical specifications – hse (safety) requirements.
- Client – consultant –contractor relationship – 4 m’s of construction – quality manpower, quality machinery, quality materials & quality method statements.
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY:
• Definition of quality
• What is quality assurance – quality control?
• What is total quality management system?
Introduction to national & International codes & Standards:
• iso 9001, 14001 & 19011
• bis, bs, astm, aci, ansi, ohsas, etc.
Project site set-up
QA-QC position & reporting:
- Essential site arrangements before construction.
- Contractor’s organization structure & qa-qc position
- Reporting & hierarchy with roles & responsibilities.
Sequence of construction activities
Codes of practice
Field inspections as per itp
- Soil investigation methods – trial pits, standard penetration test, borings & geophysical methods.
- Parameters–for engineering & design – preliminary approvals
- Fieldwork inspections & checklists – marking, excavation, anti-termite, polythene sheet, pcc / screed, waterproofing, rcc in foundations, columns, slabs, brickworks, plaster , paint, woodworks, etc.,
- QA/QC – gallery of construction works.
Practical laboratory testing’s on construction materials & equipment used as per itp
Codes of practice:
- Tests on soils: standard proctor compaction test, determination of fdt – sand replacement & nuclear gauge methods, moisture content, specific gravity, particle size analysis, soil classification, atterbergh limits – liquid limit & plastic limit, cbr test, unconfined compressive test, plate load test, etc.,
- Tests on concrete– mix designs, temperature, time of pour, slump, compressive strength, bonding agents, ndt tests – rebound hammer, ultrasonic pulse velocity & core cutting methods, pre-stressing, etc.,
- Tests on cement: fineness tests, soundness tests, initial & final setting times, consistency tests, cement mortar cube testing, etc.,
- Tests on steel: length, dia, weight, ultimate tensile strength, epoxy steel, sand blasting & pull-out tests.
- Tests on sand (fine aggregate): determination of silt content, bulking, sieve analysis, specific gravity & water absorption, bulk density & % voids, etc.
- Tests on coarse aggregate: crushing test, los angeles abrasion test, impact value, soundness test, shape test & elongation index, specific gravity & water absorption test, particle size analysis, bitumen adhesion test, etc.,
- Tests on asphalt: bitumen penetration test, softening point test, ductility of bitumen, tests
- Solved examples & exercises – classwork.
- What is a non-conformance ?& what it includes?
- When to issue an ncr ?& who will issue the ncr?
- How to close the ncr?
How to make
Write project QA-QC documents
- pqp / qap (project quality plan / quality assurance plan).
- itp (inspection & testing plan)
- jp’s (job procedures/method statements) & checklists.
Standard Operating procedures
Checklists & Approvals
- International formats & quality documents used for running a successful construction project
- Checklists for various activities.
Roles & Responsibilities of QA-QC managers
Engineers & Inspectors
- What are the roles & responsibilities of a QA-QC manager?
- What are the roles & responsibilities of a QA-QC Inspector/Engineer?
QA-QC Documentations & Control Procedures
Controlled & Superceeded copies.
QMS Site Auditings
Trainings & Appraisals of QA-QC personnel.
Construction Repairs & Techniques
Maintenance & Records.
Basic Engineering & Job Supporting Modules
- Useful calculations & quantity take-off’s.
- How to read construction drawings + notes, specifications& ensure compliance.
- How to cross-check “bbs” (bar bending schedules) & fixing.
- Basic surveying & levelling skills.
- Construction safety at site -hse (health, safety &environment) induction
Frequently asked questions
Face 2 Face Practical Mock Interviews & Skype Interview Sessions.
QA-QC Resume making & Job Guidance Session Sample Formats
After School programs
Get In Touch
Location: 12-2-826/2/B, Flat No 201, 2nd Floor, Near Amba Theater, Kantinagar Colony, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad,
Telangana State, India 500-028
Telephone: +9140 7961 2988 / +91 9308 68 68 68
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat: 10am – 7pm